Preventive Maintenance

July 9, 2016

 

As mentioned previously from July 8th,I noticed as I was furling the Genoa (actually, after I was safely back in the slip) that the furling line had a serious chafe in it, as pictured below:

20160709_183912

I could just envision myself having another challenging time with a quick build of windspeed and having the line snap, then I would have been unable to furl the sail at all.  That idea was really unappealing.  So, after several trips to Lowes the purchase from which just didn’t feel right as I furled the Genoa, and two to West Marine, I installed the new furling line.  Of course, if the line from Lowes had worked, I would have paid only $8.99; the proper line from West Marine cost about $36.00, but it was definitely the proper line.

 

I think it was a wise purchase.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s